Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Wed March 9, 2011
Ripening on the Vine
Oeufs a la Bechamel
6 hard boiled eggs
4 tablespoons butter
4 tablespoons flour
1 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon sugar
4 green onions, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon flat leaf Italian parsley, chopped
Salt and pepper
Peel and slice the hard boiled eggs and reserve. In a saucepan, combine butter and flour, whisking together until the flour is just cooked - about 3 minutes. Whisk in the milk, cooking until the sauce thickens. Add the sugar and the green onions. Cook for 2 minutes then add the sliced eggs and parsley. Season with salt and pepper and serve over rice.