Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Thu April 10, 2014
Richard Campanella Cityscapes: New Orleans' Tallest, Strangest, Forgotten Building
Each month geographer Richard Campanella shares a few insights from his Cityscapes column, found at Nola.com and the Times-Picayune. Today he describes a building that once defined the New Orleans skyline. It was a shot tower — a factory to produce ammunition.
We sat down to talk with Professor Campanella about the structure.