Most Active Stories
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 22, 2015
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- Where Y'Eat: Relighting The Tiki Torch
Thu April 10, 2014
Richard Campanella Cityscapes: New Orleans' Tallest, Strangest, Forgotten Building
Each month geographer Richard Campanella shares a few insights from his Cityscapes column, found at Nola.com and the Times-Picayune. Today he describes a building that once defined the New Orleans skyline. It was a shot tower — a factory to produce ammunition.
We sat down to talk with Professor Campanella about the structure.