Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Tue August 28, 2012
Residents urged to report fish kills
The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries is asking residents in areas that may be affected by Hurricane Isaac to be on the lookout for fish kills.
The department said kills should be reported to 1-800-442-2511.
Large amounts of rainfall across south Louisiana may erode organic matter and carry it into bayous and canals. Fish can be killed if organic matter sucks high quantities of oxygen from water.
Tropical Storm Isaac