Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Fishermen And Retailers Go High-Tech For Authentic Gulf Seafood
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
- Short-Term Rental Stakeholders All Agree On One Thing: Current Law Inadequate
Mon March 31, 2014
Reshaping A Greater New Orleans: Criminal Justice
WWNO — New Orleans Public Radio and public television station WYES are collaborating on coverage of reforms to the Orleans Parish criminal justice system.
WYES Special Projects Producer Marcia Kavanaugh has completed the hour-long special "Reshaping a Greater New Orleans: Criminal Justice". In this first story for WWNO based on her reporting, Kavanaugh includes the voices of lawmakers, judges and watchdogs.
The collaboration will continue with more on court reform, as the state legislative session continues. In the fall WWNO will feature reports from WYES coverage of the consent decrees, as well as online candidate forums as New Orleans heads into the autumn elections for judgeships and district attorney.
Support for the criminal justice collaboration between WWNO and WYES comes from Baptist Community Ministries.