Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Tue October 23, 2012
Remembering Activist And Actor Russell Means
Russell Means was once called the "biggest, baddest, meanest, angriest, most famous American Indian activist of the late 20th century." He led a 71-day armed standoff against federal agents at Wounded Knee in 1973. Later, he used film as a vehicle for his advocacy. Host Michel Martin offers a remembrance.