Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
- Fishermen And Retailers Go High-Tech For Authentic Gulf Seafood
Tue April 24, 2012
Regular Legislative Session Reaches Halfway Point
BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) — Halfway through the regular legislative session, lawmakers are still having to deal with next year's $25 billion budget that faces a list of trouble. Those include falling income estimates, ties to uncertain retirement changes and disputes over how much one-time money should be plugged into the spending plan. The state's revenue forecasting panel on Tuesday is planning to tweak income estimates.