Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Wed July 27, 2011
Reel Big Catch
Marinated Shrimp and Corn (Serves 6)
From Marcelle Bienvenu's No Baloney On My Boat
3/4 cup olive oil
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
3 tablespoons Creole mustard
2 tablespoons chopped chives or green onions
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
2 pounds large shrimp, cooked in seasoned water then peeled and deveined
2 cups of fresh corn kernels
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Combine the oil, vinegar, mustard, green onions and parsley in a mixing bowl. Whisk to blend and set aside. Cool the shrimp after they are cooked and peeled. Steam the corn kernels in a little water for about two minutes. Remove from the heat, drain and cool.
Put the shrimp and corn in a large shallow glass bowl. Pour in the marinade and toss to coat evenly. Season with salt and black pepper.
Cover and chill for four hours before transferring the mixture to a wide-mouth Plexiglass container that can be store onboard in an ice chest or refrigerator.
We'd love to hear from you! Email us!