Most Active Stories
- Sarah Vowell Riffs On Satchmo, 'The Incredibles' And Andrew Jackson
- Le Show For April 13, 2014
- Barataria Bay, 4 Years After The Deepwater Horizon Disaster
- The Listening Post Asks: Should Sex Education Be Required In Louisiana Public Schools?
- Richard Campanella Cityscapes: New Orleans' Tallest, Strangest, Forgotten Building
Arts & Culture
Thu November 10, 2011
RED Engages Rothko Fans
By Diane Mack
New Orleans, La. – Abstract expressionism and the struggles of an iconic painter explode on stage as Southern Rep Theater presents John Logan's Tony Award winning play--RED--the story of Mark Rothko. We go Inside the Arts for a look at Rothko and his ties to the Crescent City.
Performances run thru November 20th at Southern Rep Theater. A free panel discussion about Rothko and his ties to New Orleans takes place at the Contempopraty Arts Center November 15th.