Most Active Stories
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
Thu July 19, 2012
Rapper 'BG' gets prison in firearms case
A New Orleans rapper who pleaded guilty to illegally possessing a firearm and conspiring to obstruct justice has been sentenced to 14 years in prison.
Christopher Dorsey, known as "BG," also was sentenced Wednesday by U.S. District Judge Helen Berrigan to three years of supervised release following his prison term.
The 28-year-old pleaded guilty in December to being a felon in possession of a firearm in 2009. Prosecutors say Dorsey had three felony drug convictions between 1998 and 2003.
Dorsey also pleaded guilty to conspiring to have another person sign a false affidavit that said Dorsey didn't have three firearms in his possession.
Two other people, Jerod Fedison and Demounde Pollard, also have pleaded guilty in the case and been sentenced to prison terms.