Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Fishermen And Retailers Go High-Tech For Authentic Gulf Seafood
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
- Short-Term Rental Stakeholders All Agree On One Thing: Current Law Inadequate
Fri August 31, 2012
PSC: 539K without power, about 30 percent of state
The Public Service Commission says 593,000 homes and businesses are without power across Louisiana. That's about 28 percent of state customers.
That's down from 903,000 customers — about 43 percent of the state — Thursday morning, and from 821,000 customers Thursday evening.
Friday figures include about 504,000 Entergy Corp. customers — 144,600 of them in Jefferson Parish and 143,800 in New Orleans — and nearly 33,000 who get power from Cleco Corp.
Almost all the Cleco customers without power, nearly 31,000 of them, are in St. Tammany Parish. Another 4,290 St. Tammany Parish residents without power are customers of Washington-St. Tammany Electric Co-Op.