Most Active Stories
- Sarah Vowell Riffs On Satchmo, 'The Incredibles' And Andrew Jackson
- Le Show For April 13, 2014
- Battle Brewing In Holy Cross Over Proposed Highrises
- The Listening Post Asks: Should Sex Education Be Required In Louisiana Public Schools?
- Richard Campanella Cityscapes: New Orleans' Tallest, Strangest, Forgotten Building
Around the Nation
Thu July 5, 2012
Proud Dad Ordered To Take Down Huge Sign
Originally published on Thu July 5, 2012 9:25 pm
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. Clayton Mace of Sioux City, Iowa is proud of his kids. He put up a sign 24-feet wide congratulating all seven for graduating high school. Drivers on a nearby interstate could see the sign. No doubt, local officials support education as much as anybody else, but the Sioux City Journal reports they have ordered the sign taken down as a zoning code violation. The kids, including Shonda, who just graduated, will have to settle for being congratulated on the radio. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.