Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Mon September 17, 2012
Property owners urged to watch out for termites
State authorities are urging builders and homeowners to take steps to prevent the spread of termites as they rebuild after Hurricane Isaac.
Agriculture and Forestry Secretary Mike Strain said residents can contact the Department of Agriculture and Forestry at 225-925-4578 to be sure the pesticide company they hire is certified and licensed.
Treatments and annual inspections are recommended. Between inspections, Strain said property owners should periodically inspect their home or business for evidence of termites.
More information is available at the department's pesticide and environmental programs website, www.ldaf.state.la.us.