Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
Fri December 20, 2013
A Proclamation To The Citizens Of New Orleans (1803)
210 years ago today, Governor William C.C. Claiborne issued this document to the people of New Orleans, announcing the United States' purchase of the Louisiana Territory two months earlier.
The proclamation — in three languages — explains the transition from Spain to France to the United States, and clarifies for the people of the city their new rights, and their responsibilities, as newly-minted Americans.
All Things New Orleans