Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Wed October 3, 2012
Pro football exhibit coming to WWII Museum
A traveling exhibit about professional football in America is coming to the National World War II Museum in New Orleans.
"Gridiron Glory, The Best of the Pro Football Hall of Fame" includes a section about football during World War II. It also will have a home-team area for each host city.
It's part of the Hall of Fame's 50-year celebration and features more than 200 of its artifacts.
The exhibit opens Oct. 6 in Pittsburgh. It moves to New Orleans for an opening on Jan. 26 — just before the Super Bowl — and runs through May 5.
From there it will go to St. Louis, Detroit and New York/New Jersey, where it will be open during the 2014 Super Bowl.
The Reading Life
Inside the Arts