Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Wed August 29, 2012
Power out, some streets flooded in Jefferson
Jefferson Parish officials say winds from Hurricane Isaac have downed power lines and trees in the New Orleans suburb and heavy rainfall has caused minor street flooding.
Spokeswoman Kriss Fortunato said no injuries had been reported.
Power provider Entergy Corp. said about 164,000 customers were without power early Wednesday.
Grand Isle, the barrier island at Jefferson's extreme southern tip, was hit hard by the storm as it wobbled ashore overnight.
Heavier damage was expect there although most residents evacuated ahead of the storm.