Most Active Stories
- Fazendeville, the town razed to make way for the Chalmette National Monument
- Photo Gallery: 2015 New Orleans Comic Con
- Electric car company Tesla Motors expanding number of charging stations in Louisiana
- Le Show For The Week Of Jan. 11, 2015
- Tickets Now On Sale For Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me! — March 12, 2015 At The Saenger Theatre
Wed August 29, 2012
Power out, some streets flooded in Jefferson
Jefferson Parish officials say winds from Hurricane Isaac have downed power lines and trees in the New Orleans suburb and heavy rainfall has caused minor street flooding.
Spokeswoman Kriss Fortunato said no injuries had been reported.
Power provider Entergy Corp. said about 164,000 customers were without power early Wednesday.
Grand Isle, the barrier island at Jefferson's extreme southern tip, was hit hard by the storm as it wobbled ashore overnight.
Heavier damage was expect there although most residents evacuated ahead of the storm.