Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Wed May 16, 2012
Portugal Looks Back On 1 Year Since Its Bailout
Originally published on Wed May 16, 2012 5:47 am
In Portugal, austerity has meant up to a 30 percent pay cut for civil servants. Unemployment is at more than 15 percent, and the economy continues to shrink. The European Union recently warned the Portuguese people may have to sacrifice even more.