Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Fri July 5, 2013
Pop Culture Happy Hour: 'The Heat' Is On, So Come On Down
Originally published on Fri July 5, 2013 10:57 am
With apologies for an abbreviated post this week (I'm actually not at the office; I am invisible!), we bring you a show all about The Heat, the buddy comedy starring Melissa McCarthy and Sandra Bullock, which — hey! — we really liked, along with much of the rest of the universe. We'll talk about the comedy, the weird idea that a hit starring these particular actresses is a "surprise" hit, the script that made us laugh, and lots more.
After that, we move on to perhaps the most highly specific topic we have ever covered in detail: The Price Is Right. Is Plinko really as bad as some of us believe it is? (Yes. Yes, it is.) Can the world ever have enough yodeling? Is all this just a salute to consumerism? And why does anyone ever lose at Ten Chances? (Spoiler alert: that last question makes Stephen very animated.)
And as always, we close with what's making us happy this week.