Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
- Fishermen And Retailers Go High-Tech For Authentic Gulf Seafood
Fri August 24, 2012
Police arrest man in cab driver's death
New Orleans police have arrested a suspect in last month's shooting death of a cab driver.
The Times-Picayune reports Rodney Thornton was booked Thursday with second-degree murder in the slaying 44-year-old Ali Husnain. Investigators say Husnain was shot in the back of the head on July 9.
Police found Husnain slumped over the steering wheel of his cab in eastern New Orleans.
Thornton was already in prison when he was booked with the murder charge. He was arrested earlier on a burglary charge.
It was unclear whether Thornton has an attorney.
Police DWI Arrest