Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Mon October 22, 2012
Planet Money: Why Preschool Can Save The World
Originally published on Tue October 23, 2012 4:10 pm
On today's show, we meet a self-described robber baron who decided to spend his billions on finger paint and changing tables. We revisit decades-long studies that found preschool made a huge difference in the lives of poor children. And we talk to a Nobel prize-winning economist who says that spending public money on preschool produces a huge return on investment.
We'll have more on preschool this weekend on This American Life.
For more: Tulsa's Educare Center in the Tulsa; Paul Tough's How Children Succeed; The Carolina Abededarian Project; and "A new cost-benefit and rate of return analysis for the Perry Preschool Program: A Summary."