Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Sun March 17, 2013
Planet Money: New Jersey Wine
Originally published on Fri March 15, 2013 7:43 pm
Sometimes your success depends on how your competitors behave. People judge you not just by your product, but by the product that your rival down the street makes.
This is a problem for Lou Caracciolo. He's trying to make high-quality wine, from grapes he grows in New Jersey. But Jersey wine already has a reputation — and fancy isn't it. On today's show: Can New Jersey become the next Napa?
For more, see Adam Davidson's latest NYT Magazine column, Bottle Bing.