Most Active Stories
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
Sun March 17, 2013
Planet Money: New Jersey Wine
Originally published on Fri March 15, 2013 7:43 pm
Sometimes your success depends on how your competitors behave. People judge you not just by your product, but by the product that your rival down the street makes.
This is a problem for Lou Caracciolo. He's trying to make high-quality wine, from grapes he grows in New Jersey. But Jersey wine already has a reputation — and fancy isn't it. On today's show: Can New Jersey become the next Napa?
For more, see Adam Davidson's latest NYT Magazine column, Bottle Bing.