Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Sun March 17, 2013
Planet Money: New Jersey Wine
Originally published on Fri March 15, 2013 7:43 pm
Sometimes your success depends on how your competitors behave. People judge you not just by your product, but by the product that your rival down the street makes.
This is a problem for Lou Caracciolo. He's trying to make high-quality wine, from grapes he grows in New Jersey. But Jersey wine already has a reputation — and fancy isn't it. On today's show: Can New Jersey become the next Napa?
For more, see Adam Davidson's latest NYT Magazine column, Bottle Bing.