Most Active Stories
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
Sat March 2, 2013
Planet Money: An Economic Makeover For The Catholic Church
Originally published on Fri March 1, 2013 9:08 pm
The Catholic Church is not a corporation. It's a religion, a cultural force, and a global power. Still, one of the things the new Pope will have to deal with is a classic business mess — a multi-billion dollar conglomerate that has stumbled and is losing money and relevance.
On today's show, experts (including a priest with a Harvard MBA) tell us what the church needs to do to turn things around.