Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Fri August 9, 2013
Photos: New Security Measures At The Superdome
Fans who headed out to Champions Square and the Superdome for Friday night's preseason game against the Kansas City Chiefs experienced the NFL's enhanced security measures for the first time.
New security policies included checkpoints at the base of the pedestrian ramps and new bag restrictions — no more diaper bags, purses or seat cushions, the NFL said. Instead, one single, clear vinyl bag a foot square.
Many were frustrated by the new rules, some were unprepared, but most took the new security in stride. At least they ended up inside: announced attendance for the game was 72,080.
New Orleans Saints
Manning Passing Academy