Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Fri January 18, 2013
Pharmacy Worker, Husband Booked in Drug Case
A pharmacy worker and her husband face charges after they were found with more than 300 pills, marijuana and methamphetamine.
Lafourche Parish Sheriff Craig Webre says narcotics agents arrested 41-year-old Tiffany Pitre Dufrene and her husband, 40-year-old Darren Dufrene, both of Raceland, on Friday.
Both were booked with possession of methamphetamine, marijuana, hydrocodone, and other drugs. Tiffany Dufrene also was booked with six counts of unlawfully prescribing, distributing, dispensing or assisting in the illegal obtaining of a controlled substance.
The couple was released Saturday after posting bond.
The Lafourche Parish Drug Task Force had been investigating Tiffany Dufrene as a suspect for illegal practices with prescription medications while working at Pitre's Pharmacy in Larose.