Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Fishermen And Retailers Go High-Tech For Authentic Gulf Seafood
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
- Short-Term Rental Stakeholders All Agree On One Thing: Current Law Inadequate
Fri January 18, 2013
Pharmacy Worker, Husband Booked in Drug Case
A pharmacy worker and her husband face charges after they were found with more than 300 pills, marijuana and methamphetamine.
Lafourche Parish Sheriff Craig Webre says narcotics agents arrested 41-year-old Tiffany Pitre Dufrene and her husband, 40-year-old Darren Dufrene, both of Raceland, on Friday.
Both were booked with possession of methamphetamine, marijuana, hydrocodone, and other drugs. Tiffany Dufrene also was booked with six counts of unlawfully prescribing, distributing, dispensing or assisting in the illegal obtaining of a controlled substance.
The couple was released Saturday after posting bond.
The Lafourche Parish Drug Task Force had been investigating Tiffany Dufrene as a suspect for illegal practices with prescription medications while working at Pitre's Pharmacy in Larose.