Most Active Stories
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
Sat September 1, 2012
People in four more parishes can seek Isaac aid
The state says homeowners, renters and business owners in Ascension, Lafourche, Livingston and Orleans parishes can now seek federal and state disaster aid for damage from Hurricane Isaac.
The four parishes were added Saturday to five others approved for such individual aid on Friday. The five were Jefferson, Plaquemines, St. Bernard, St. John and St. Tammany.
Also Saturday, the state said the Department of Children and Family Services has it has asked the federal government to approve food stamp aid under the Disaster Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program for people in those nine parishes.
Andre Perry Commentary