Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Fri July 19, 2013
Penn State To Pay $60 Million To Sandusky Victims
Originally published on Fri July 19, 2013 11:31 am
Penn State has reportedly reached an agreement with most of the 32 plaintiffs who say they were sexually abused by former assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky.
Pennsylvania State University’s trustees have authorized a payment of $60 million on civil settlements.
Sandusky is serving a 30 to 60 year sentence after being convicted of sexually abusing 10 boys over 15 years. He claims he was wrongly convicted and is pursuing appeals.