Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Wed September 12, 2012
Pearl River WMA fully reopened after Isaac cleanup
All of the Pearl River Wildlife Management Area in St. Tammany Parish is now open but access via Old Highway 11 will remain closed until Thursday because of flooding and damage from Hurricane Isaac.
The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries reopened areas north of Interstate 10 on Tuesday.
It had reopened areas south of I-10 earlier.
The department says it is repairing Old Highway 11.
Elm Hall in Assumption Parish and Elmer's Island in Jefferson Parish remain closed because of debris removal and storm damage affecting vehicle access.
Illegal Fish Sales