Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Wed September 12, 2012
Pearl River WMA fully reopened after Isaac cleanup
All of the Pearl River Wildlife Management Area in St. Tammany Parish is now open but access via Old Highway 11 will remain closed until Thursday because of flooding and damage from Hurricane Isaac.
The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries reopened areas north of Interstate 10 on Tuesday.
It had reopened areas south of I-10 earlier.
The department says it is repairing Old Highway 11.
Elm Hall in Assumption Parish and Elmer's Island in Jefferson Parish remain closed because of debris removal and storm damage affecting vehicle access.
Illegal Fish Sales