Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Fri June 7, 2013
Patty Griffin Sings A Song For Her Father
Originally published on Wed July 9, 2014 10:08 am
Patty Griffin is back on the road to support American Kid, her seventh studio album, which she wrote as a tribute to her father. She recorded the album in Memphis, working with Luther and Cody Dickinson from the North Mississippi Allstars. Robert Plant, Griffin's tourmate and significant other, also makes an appearance on the album.
During a recent visit to WFUV, Griffin was joined by co-producer and longtime collaborator Craig Ross for this stripped-down performance of "Don't Let Me Die in Florida." Her direct and powerful vocals bring this lyrically rich tune to life.