Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Mon May 28, 2012
Over Half Of Youth Unemployed In South Africa
South Africa's youth unemployment rate is staggeringly high. The country's overall unemployment rate is 24 percent, and an incredible 73 percent of those people are under the age of 35. Many fear the situation is a ticking time bomb, with the threat of violence looming. Now political parties are strongly lobbying for the support of the youthful unemployed, who have played a huge role in determining the country's leaders.