Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Mon May 28, 2012
Over Half Of Youth Unemployed In South Africa
South Africa's youth unemployment rate is staggeringly high. The country's overall unemployment rate is 24 percent, and an incredible 73 percent of those people are under the age of 35. Many fear the situation is a ticking time bomb, with the threat of violence looming. Now political parties are strongly lobbying for the support of the youthful unemployed, who have played a huge role in determining the country's leaders.