Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 22, 2015
Wed July 2, 2014
One Victim Of Bourbon Street Shootings Dies
One of the 10 victims of a weekend shooting on New Orleans' Bourbon Street has died.
Louisiana State Police Superintendent Mike Edmonson asked for a moment of silence after announcing the death Wednesday of the 21-year-old woman from Hammond.
Edmonson spoke at a news conference to discuss Mayor Mitch Landrieu's request for a permanent contingent of troopers to help with law enforcement in New Orleans.
Three others were reported in stable condition following Sunday's shooting: a 35-year-old man from Mississippi, a 19-year-old Arkansas woman and an 18-year-old New Orleans man. LSU Interim Hospital spokeswoman Siona LaFrance said Wednesday a 21-year-old Australian woman was released from the hospital. Other victims, not hospitalized, included two New Orleans-area men; a teenage girl and a woman from Alabama; and a Florida man.
No arrests have been made.