Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- Episode 609: The Curse Of The Black Lotus
Gulf Oil Spill
Mon October 10, 2011
Oil Drilling Meeting Set With Vitter, Landry and Obama Administration Officials
By Eileen Fleming
New Orleans, LA – U-S Senator David Vitter will join Louisiana Congressman Jeff Landry to press officials for a faster process for deepwater drilling. But Michael Bromwich of the Bureau of Ocean Energy Management defends the current process, which was implemented after a nearly five-month moratorium put in place by the Obama Administration. Bromwich says the oil industry is submitting incomplete plans and the new regulations should not be amended. It's been nearly 18 months since the Deepwater Horizon rig explosion triggered the BP oil spill.
For WWNO, I'm Eileen Fleming.