Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Gulf Oil Spill
Tue October 26, 2010
Oil Commission Readies Report On What Caused BP Spill
By Eileen Fleming
New Orleans, La. – Former EPA Administrator William Reilly says the commission will outline step-by-step what happened April 20th.
"I this will be a revelation to many in the country and perhaps resolve some questions, ambiguities, concerns that people have had. At least will be our theory and we believe it's the correct one."
He says the two-day presentation starting November 8th in Washington will be the first comprehensive look at what triggered the explosion. Eleven workers were killed and more than 200 million gallons of oil gushed into the Gulf of Mexico. The commission's final report with safety recommendations will be released January 11th.
For WWNO, I'm Eileen Fleming.