Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Around the Nation
Thu February 23, 2012
Ohio Church Makes Lenten Ashes Easy To Receive
Originally published on Thu February 23, 2012 6:30 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. The season of Lent has begun for Christians, and one church in Cincinnati made Ash Wednesday easier for parishioners too busy to get to services on a weekday. Mount Healthy United Methodist Church offered a drive-through blessing. Believers got the traditional cross of ashes smudged onto their foreheads without getting out of their cars. Ashes on the go has caught on around the country, with blessings at bus stops, campuses and even a Starbucks. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.