Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Sun May 19, 2013
The Obamas Release 2012 Financial Disclosure
Originally published on Wed May 15, 2013 7:11 pm
President Obama and first lady Michelle Obama have released their latest financial disclosure form, which covers 2012.
Their assets are reported in ranges, as per the rules for public officials. Here are some highlights:
-- Assets of between $1.8 million and $7 million, including Treasury notes worth $1 million-$5 million, $250,001-$500,000 in a checking account and $100,001-$250,000 in Treasury bills.
-- Each of them had $100,001-$250,000 in individual retirement fund accounts.
-- They have a $500,001-$1 million 30-year mortgage on their Chicago home and are paying 5.625 percent on the loan.
-- The president has collected between $250,000 and $2.1 million in royalties on his three best-selling books, "Dreams From My Father" and "The Audacity of Hope," plus a children's book, "Of Thee I Sing: A Letter to My Daughters."