Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Tue August 28, 2012
Nursing homes evacuated for Hurricane Isaac
More than 700 nursing home patients have been moved to higher ground in advance of Hurricane Isaac.
Gov. Bobby Jindal said Tuesday that eight nursing homes in the hurricane warning area have evacuated. The state Department of Health and Hospitals says those facilities had 745 residents.
More than 40 patients also have been moved from three small hospitals in the line of Isaac, according to Jindal.