Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Tue August 28, 2012
Nursing homes evacuated for Hurricane Isaac
More than 700 nursing home patients have been moved to higher ground in advance of Hurricane Isaac.
Gov. Bobby Jindal said Tuesday that eight nursing homes in the hurricane warning area have evacuated. The state Department of Health and Hospitals says those facilities had 745 residents.
More than 40 patients also have been moved from three small hospitals in the line of Isaac, according to Jindal.