Most Active Stories
- Fazendeville, the town razed to make way for the Chalmette National Monument
- Photo Gallery: 2015 New Orleans Comic Con
- Electric car company Tesla Motors expanding number of charging stations in Louisiana
- Le Show For The Week Of Jan. 11, 2015
- Tickets Now On Sale For Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me! — March 12, 2015 At The Saenger Theatre
This Is NPR
Fri January 4, 2013
NPR In The News: Hosts With The Most Edition
Originally published on Fri January 4, 2013 5:17 pm
NPR shared some big news yesterday - returning from her temporary leave of absence, Michele Norris is embracing a new and expanded role as a special host and correspondent across NPR programs, with Audie Cornish staying on as co-host of All Things Considered. After an extended tenure as guest host of Weekend Edition Sunday, Rachel Martin has graciously forfeited her weekends indefinitely: she'll permanently anchor the week in news as host of the Sunday program.
Many other media outlets joined us in welcoming Norris back and announcing the posts for Cornish and Martin:
- The New York Times spoke with NPR Senior Vice President of News Margaret Low Smith and Norris about what listeners can expect to hear from the longtime newscaster in this next phase of her career, including a larger focus on her Race Card Project. Read more about the project in this article from the AP.
- News sites around the country ran an Associated Press piece about the appointments.
- And LA Observed included the news in yesterday's Morning Buzz note.
Additional details can be found in a press release from NPR.