Most Active Stories
- Fazendeville, the town razed to make way for the Chalmette National Monument
- Photo Gallery: 2015 New Orleans Comic Con
- Electric car company Tesla Motors expanding number of charging stations in Louisiana
- Le Show For The Week Of Jan. 11, 2015
- Tickets Now On Sale For Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me! — March 12, 2015 At The Saenger Theatre
The Checkout: Live
Thu April 26, 2012
Now Vs. Now: Live From 92Y Tribeca
Originally published on Wed July 9, 2014 10:35 am
The trio Now vs. Now is the brainchild of Jason Lindner, a piano and synthesizer whiz whose background is as much bebop as the many musical worlds of New York City. With vocalizing electric bassist Panagiotis Andreou and master beatsmith Mark Guiliana, Lindner has developed an electro-groove trio, an urban slang take on the jam. Now vs. Now has a 2009 record under its belt, and is about to make another one; its performances are full of knobs twiddled, otherworldly chants over bass breakdowns and snare drums crisply snapped.
Now vs. Now joined the band Third World Love on a double bill in downtown New York City, presented by The Checkout: Live concert series. The shows were broadcast on air via WBGO and in an online video webcast on NPR Music on April 26. For more information about this series and a full concert archive, visit npr.org/checkoutlive.
- "Future Favela"
- "Alternate Current" [video highlight]
- "Friendship and Love" (a.k.a. "Pretty Three")
- "Seven Ways"
- Jason Lindner, piano/synthesizers
- Panagiotis Andreou, electric bass
- Mark Guiliana, drums
Producer and Host: Josh Jackson; Audio Engineer: David Tallacksen; Production Assistant: Michael Downes. Recorded April 26, 2012 at 92Y Tribeca in New York, N.Y.