Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Fishermen And Retailers Go High-Tech For Authentic Gulf Seafood
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
- Short-Term Rental Stakeholders All Agree On One Thing: Current Law Inadequate
Wed September 10, 2008
NOPD Superintendent Riley says police "performed well"
New Orleans Police Superintendent Warren Riley says his department performed well during Hurricane Gustav; he checked with the department's Public Integrity Division and no complaints have been filed against officers. He says officers will continue to concentrate on anti-looting measures. About 50 people have been arrested for multiple counts of looting, and the number of incidents is declining.