Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
- Fishermen And Retailers Go High-Tech For Authentic Gulf Seafood
Wed September 4, 2013
NOPD Sobriety Checkpoint Thursday
The New Orleans Police Department has announced they will be conducting a sobriety checkpoint the night of Thursday, Sept. 5, from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. the next morning.
The location of the NOPD Traffic Division's sobriety checkpoint was not disclosed in the press released issued by the department; the NOPD is required by the Louisiana Supreme Court to make a public announcement when they will be conducting a checkpoint, but are not required to tell the public where it will be beforehand.
The NOPD advises motorists will experience minimal delays, and should have proper documentation on them, including proof of insurance and a driver's license, if requested by officers.
Alligator Thieves Apprehended
New Orleans Police