Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- Fishermen And Retailers Go High-Tech For Authentic Gulf Seafood
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Wed February 20, 2013
NOPD Searching for Purse-Snatcher
The New Orleans Police Department is asking for the public's help to identify and locate a man wanted for purse-snatching in the Central Business District.
According to police, at approximately 8:20 p.m. on Feb. 13, the suspect pushed a woman to the ground in the 800-block of Lafayette St. and fled on foot with her purse.
The man is described as being a dark-complected African-American in his mid-20s with a shaved head. His is about 160-170 pounds, 5-foot-10-inches to six-feet tall, and was wearing a black hooded jacket and black pants.
The woman was not injured in the incident.
Eighth District Detective James Sherpack is in charge of the investigation.
The police have released a surveillance video of the suspect: