Most Active Stories
- Sarah Vowell Riffs On Satchmo, 'The Incredibles' And Andrew Jackson
- Battle Brewing In Holy Cross Over Proposed Highrises
- Le Show For April 13, 2014
- The Listening Post Asks: Should Sex Education Be Required In Louisiana Public Schools?
- Richard Campanella Cityscapes: New Orleans' Tallest, Strangest, Forgotten Building
Sun December 16, 2012
NOPD: Men Dug Thorugh Wall to Burglarize Store
Police are searching for two men who dug through a cinderblock wall to burglarize a convenience store in New Orleans East.
The Times-Picayune reports that surveillance cameras showed the unidentified men climb through a hole in the wall of the Family Ranch Market and enter the store through a cooler door.
The men had fled by the time police officers responded to the store's alarm early Saturday.
They allegedly stole an undisclosed amount of merchandise and $100 from the cash register.
One the men was wearing a gray hooded sweatshirt, dark jeans and a bandanna over his face. The other man was wearing a black hooded sweatshirt and dark jeans.