Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Wed March 19, 2014
NOPD To Conduct Thursday Night Sobriety Checkpoint
The New Orleans Police Department will conduct a sobriety checkpoint Thursday night, the department announced in a press release.
The sobriety checkpoint will begin at approximately 9 p.m. on Thursday, March 20, and last until about 5 a.m. the next morning. The NOPD says motorists should expect minimal delays, and should have proper documentation, including proof of insurance and a driver's license.
The NOPD is required to provide advance notice of a sobriety checkpoint, but not its exact location.
Police Superintendent Ronal Serpas was quoted in the release reminding drivers to "always drink responsibly and use a designated driver."