Most Active Stories
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
Fri October 4, 2013
NOPD Arrests 2 Teens In Double Shooting
New Orleans police have arrested two teenagers accused of opening fire on a 31-year-old woman and her 7-year-old daughter as they walked in a neighborhood with a man thought to be the target.
A third suspect remains at large.
Officer Frank Robertson, a police spokesman, says 19-year-old Cornell Williams and 18-year-old Shannon Cooks were arrested early Friday on two counts of attempted second-degree murder and one count of aggravated assault.
Bullets struck the woman in the stomach and both legs and her daughter was hit in the cheek before they both collapsed around 4:30 p.m. Wednesday. The woman and child are in stable condition at an area hospital.
Robertson told The Times-Picayune the man who police say was the target of the shooting escaped unharmed.