Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Sun September 9, 2012
NOMA plans to reopen Tuesday
The New Orleans Museum of Art expects to reopen on Tuesday after a clean-up necessitated by Hurricane Isaac.
Museum director Susan Taylor tells The Times-Picayune that water seeped into the museum's administrative offices. However, except for the swampy basement, the museum suffered minimal damage from Isaac.
Some rain intruded through the sills of the plate glass windows around the café area and an ornamental plaster truss in the museum's atrium was dampened by a leak.
Taylor said no artwork was affected.
Arts & Culture