Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- Episode 609: The Curse Of The Black Lotus
Sat April 21, 2012
NOLA Navy Week air shows are cancelled due to weather
After monitoring the weather with officials at the National Weather Service, NOLA Navy Week officials have decided to call off the Blue Angels air shows on both Saturday, April 21 and Sunday, April 22.
The predicted high winds gusting across Lake Pontchartrain are preventing the ability to stabilize the visual markers the pilots use while doing maneuvers.
The wind is predicted to be so strong that it is expected to force sand and mud over the seawall blocking the length of Lakeshore Drive where the show was to take place.
Officials would like to remind the public that ships are open for general public visitation from noon to 7:00 PM on Saturday and noon to 5:00 PM on Sunday.
Officials thank everyone for understanding and hope the crowds will take advantage of the remaining days of NOLA Navy Week by visiting the tall ships and Navy vessels and enjoying New Orleans food, music, and culture.