Most Active Stories
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
Sat April 10, 2010
Ninth Ward Fresh
New Orleans, LA –
Hi, this is Richard McCarthy with the WWNO Farmers Market Minute At the Thursday Market, young baker Graison Gill of Babcia Kubiak channels his Polish great-grandmother with breads that reflect her penchant for strange things. Babcia is Polish for grandmother and Kubiak was her name. Among the wave of 20 something innovators who has landed in New Orleans, Graison bakes his 9th Ward Fresh breads in Bywater. Among his new creations, he bakes spent grain acquired from Abita Beer. Talk about yeasty! It's the beer maker's equivalent of a Bourbonmaster's mash. If that's too much for you, this is a great time of year to opt for Graison's Pontchatoula strawberry scones. With a nod to tradition and a full embrace of innovation, our region's farmers markets keep on keepin' on. To find out more, log onto wwno dot org.
For the Farmers Market Minute, this is Richard McCarthy.