Most Active Stories
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
Tue June 19, 2012
Nils Lofgren On World Cafe
Nils Lofgren has built a stellar reputation as a masterful guitarist in both solo and collaborative endeavors, and his extensive discography showcases a unique brand of high-energy blues-rock. Since the 1970s, Lofgren has released more than 40 solo albums, as well as plenty of collaborations with Neil Young, Lou Reed, Bruce Springsteen and his early band Grin.
The passage of time and two recent hip replacements — partly the product of his on-stage gymnastics — haven't slowed Lofgren down. His latest album came out this past December, and Old School is just as gritty and rocking as any classic Lofgren album, with an added element of nostalgia. With song titles such as "60 is the New 18" and "Ain't Too Many of Us Left," it demonstrates the way America's iconic rockers are still more than capable of anthemic, blisteringly quick guitar solos.
This segment originally aired on February 9, 2012.