Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Tue July 10, 2012
Nicholls stadium may not be ready opening day
Construction delays on Nicholls State University's football stadium might mean problems for the school's first home game.
Mike Davis, director of facilities, told The Daily Comet that the local contractor, BET Construction, has been doing a "super job" building the Nicholls stadium's elevator shaft and updating the building's facade. But the company that provides the elevator car itself has said it won't be able to get it to the construction site until about Sept. 1.
It could then take six weeks to finish the work.
Nicholls first home game is Sept. 22.
Davis said the construction work could hinder access to the "Colonel's Quarters," the members-only suite that hosts high-profile visitors. It would also make life difficult for food providers serving the stadium's upper sections.