Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Chef John Folse Culinary Institute
Tue July 24, 2012
Nicholls culinary school to get new HQ
Nicholls State University says the Louisiana Bond Commission has authorized $8.1 million to build a new, bigger headquarters for the Chef John Folse Culinary Institute.
A news release says the final design will be completed by Oct. 1, and the building should be finished by mid-2014.
Al Davis, dean of University College, says the new building will have more classroom and kitchen space and updated equipment.
Chef Randy Cheramie, executive director of the institute, said the new building will accommodate the program's growing enrollment.
Davis says a four-year culinary degree at Nicholls averages less than $20,000, compared to $60,000 to $80,000 at a private institute.