Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Wed January 9, 2013
Nicholls Completes Stadium Renovations
The face-lift of Nicholls State University's football stadium is finished, a little behind schedule but on budget.
The Daily Comet reports the more than $1.3 million project was focused on replacing the stadium's 40-year-old, six-person elevator, which had become dangerously unstable.
Mike Davis, Nicholls' facilities director, said rebuilding the elevator shaft gave the school a chance to make some other changes to John L. Guidry Stadium's facade. Crews enlarged the lobby and built a patio in front of the stadium.
Parts of the facade were also repainted.
Nicholls State University