Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Wed January 9, 2013
Nicholls Completes Stadium Renovations
The face-lift of Nicholls State University's football stadium is finished, a little behind schedule but on budget.
The Daily Comet reports the more than $1.3 million project was focused on replacing the stadium's 40-year-old, six-person elevator, which had become dangerously unstable.
Mike Davis, Nicholls' facilities director, said rebuilding the elevator shaft gave the school a chance to make some other changes to John L. Guidry Stadium's facade. Crews enlarged the lobby and built a patio in front of the stadium.
Parts of the facade were also repainted.
Nicholls State University