Most Active Stories
- Le Show For April 13, 2014
- Sarah Vowell Riffs On Satchmo, 'The Incredibles' And Andrew Jackson
- Barataria Bay, 4 Years After The Deepwater Horizon Disaster
- The Listening Post Asks: Should Sex Education Be Required In Louisiana Public Schools?
- Richard Campanella Cityscapes: New Orleans' Tallest, Strangest, Forgotten Building
Wed January 9, 2013
Nicholls Completes Stadium Renovations
The face-lift of Nicholls State University's football stadium is finished, a little behind schedule but on budget.
The Daily Comet reports the more than $1.3 million project was focused on replacing the stadium's 40-year-old, six-person elevator, which had become dangerously unstable.
Mike Davis, Nicholls' facilities director, said rebuilding the elevator shaft gave the school a chance to make some other changes to John L. Guidry Stadium's facade. Crews enlarged the lobby and built a patio in front of the stadium.
Parts of the facade were also repainted.
Nicholls State University